Adnil Press

Adnil Press

Thursday, November 17, 2016

My 'Word' for 2012.

I found this post as an unpublished post on my blog - figured better late than never... let's publish it!  

Several of my friends suggested creating a 'word' for the year.  Something that reflects your goals and plans for the year, and can help keep you on track when times are tough.

This year, I want to lead my children by being an example, rather than 'do what I say, not what I do'.  I do have some definite goals I want to achieve, as well as books to read, and things I want to do.  I am also determined to no longer wait around for other people who promise much, but deliver little, and wherever possible, take the initiative, and tackle the task myself.

Last year was a struggle;  many things happened in my life that made reaching some of my goals almost impossible.  Health-wise, it's still a battle, which includes my right foot, which screams with complaint after only a little amount of use. 

However, I've decided that this year, my word will be 'Action'.  Even if this action is just little-by-little, and day-by-day.  I refuse to be defeated any longer, and even a little bit of exercise, paperwork or housework can achieve a great deal, if done consistently, every day.

So, that's it - ACTION.   Each day, taking steps towards my goals, no matter how small those steps may be.  I will do what I can, and no longer worry about what I cannot do.

:)


Linda.

No comments:

Post a Comment